1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Superbowl Commercials

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 8, 2010.

1. I'm partial to the Polamalu ad myself

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The one day a year I'm pissed about living in Canuckistan.

We get NONE of the Superbowl commercials. Just the recycled boring Canadian ones and this year, an Olympics promo during every break.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not sure whether to be pissed about it or laugh, but sounds like Robin Zander (or someone with a computer) tweaked his vocals on Cheap Trick's "The Dream Police."

I believe the ad was for an Audi or some other fancy European car. I was too distracted by the song being altered to remember!

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Screwed over up in Canada, CTV takes over the feed -- even on the designated US networks -- and we got nothing but Olympic commercials. The only time they slipped up that I caught -- and maybe it was becuase they bought time in Canada as well -- was for a Budweiser commercial with the horse and longhorn bull runing alongside a fence.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Considering Cheap Trick sings the theme to That 70s Show and they wrote the theme for the Colbert Report, I'm not sure anyone can complain about them "selling out"

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Just because I swear I've noticed it this year more than any other:

"Superbowl"? Not Super Bowl?

I've just assumed I was smarter than everyone else, but maybe I'm the idiot. Is "Superbowl" acceptable?

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

My favorites too, though I did like the Snickers Betty White one and the "Milkaholic" E-trade baby one.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Six more weeks of football - that was genius.
    Liked the Snickers ad, the Bud ads were just a little flat. And if Skechers is going to pony up for a Super Bowl ad or three and pay Montana, why not upgrade the production values?

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The E-Trade baby has never been and will never be funny.

The LeBron/Howard/Bird commercial was only funny because of the last three seconds.

Overall, I thought this year's commercials sucked ass. I did like the Bud Light house one, the Favre one, the Doritos ones and the Snickers one but there were far more misses (Sketchers, Super Bowl Shuffle, anything with people in their underwear, the Polomalu bit, the Tebow commercial) than hits.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Among the suckiest group of SB commercials I can ever remember. Bud Light's were spectacularly awful, and most of the rest were forgettable.

The best of a sorry bunch: The Betty White/Abe Vigoda Snickers ad (and, yes, I thought of SportsJournalists.com, too); the LeBron/Howard/Bird McDonald's ad; Punxatawny Palomalu; the Google ad; Favre in 2020.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I forgot about Punxatawny P-somethingorother. That was hilarious.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I just caught the Slug Bug commercial again, and I think they've changed the game on us.

At the end, I saw a line that said, "visit us at slugDUB.com."

Draft saved Draft deleted