1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Superbowl Commercials

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Snickers- Betty White
    Doritos- Dog
    Doritos- LeBron, Dwight, Larry
    Doritos- Mama
    Budweiser- Longhorn
    Coca-Cola- Simpsons
    Bud Light- House
    Emerald Nuts- Human Dolphin

I just about pissed myself at the snickers and barking dog commercials.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Doritos -- Mamma.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How the Letterman/Leno ad came together:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/how-the-letterman-oprah-leno-super-bowl-ad-came-together/?hp

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

good for all of 'em. well done. bravo. etc.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Saw their McDonald's ad, must have missed their Doritos spot.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a softie, and I should be more skeptical of our Internet overlords, but the Google ad was a home run for me.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Leno and Letterman were once good friends and among the ringleaders of the stand-up comedians' strike against The Comedy Store¹ in 1979. It's nice to see they could find some common ground.

¹Up to that point, Comedy Store owner Mitzi Shore² refused to pay the comedians who appeared on its stages. One night Letterman went straight from guest-hosting The Tonight Show to the picket line.
    ²For those of you who thought Pauly Shore only got a shot because he either made a deal with the devil or had parents in the business ... you're right. He's Mitzi Shore's son. Explains a lot, eh?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Mostly, good on NBC execs for greenlighting this. It was something (letting your big star appear on a competing network, on a huge stage, with the competing host, in what ultimately was an ad for the competing host's show) that on its surface seemed ridiculous, but with a little cultural perspective you could see was actually helpful for your guy. NBC getting that is in stark contrast to most of the decisions that have been made around there lately.

10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I did enjoy the Google love story.
    Then, I came across this pair of parodies of said ad.

My God, it took me an hour to stop laughing.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Those are fantastic. I love the output of people who have a lot of time on their hands and are smart. Although I sometimes wonder why people that smart are in position to have that much time on their hands.

12. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

Google ad.

Draft saved Draft deleted