1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Summer Driving Music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beaker, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

CSNY
    The Eagles
    Allman Brothers

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Chuck Berry.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Motorvatin' baby....

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I was listening to that on the way in this morning. Great driving song, just makes yo want to go fast.

Basically anything fast and rockin' (that meets my snobbish taste of source) makes good driving music. My last road trip I made about four CDs of music and it was terrific.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

No better song to blare driving down the highway with the top down or windows open than Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover. Makes you want to lean on the pedal just a bit more.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

There's definitely cd's that I'll go back to during different times of the year. I agree with "Magic" and another one I hadn't listened to in months but think is a good summer cd is "Made of Bricks" by Kate Nash.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was driving home tonight, with the windows down and blasting a CD I used to play a lot in high school, mostly during the summer months. And I'm sure only one or two of you have heard this, too: Mustard Plug's "Evildoers Beware."

It's just got a real breezy feel to it. It's crisp ska music and a bouncing beat. I dig it a lot.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Maybe it's the Alberta hockey player in me, but just about anything you hear in a hockey rink for warm up music is great for a road trip -- loud enough to keep you awake, easy enough to sing to, and generally brings back some good memories.
    Just about anything by the following is pretty much acceptable for a road trip: AC/DC, Nickleback, Metalica, etc.
    However, for some reason I also throw in some Eve 6.
    Also after growing up in the country, I can throw in any CD by Garth Brooks and be set for the next hour or so.
    For whatever reason, I find summer is when my ugly side of music shows. I save the deeper (read better) tastes for the winter months.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Metallica has some great, top down, pedal to the floor songs like "Battery", "Master Of Puppets", "Fight Fire With Fire" and "Fuel".

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Another great (non-Bruce) songs that are great driving music any time of year:

- Gimme Some Loving (Spencer Davis Group)

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oasis, windows down, volume up.

Draft saved Draft deleted