1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Stories About Picking Up Dates, Or Getting Picked Up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Inspired by my friend who texted me from the bar she works at to say that some guy with a skullet asked her out. She told him she had a boyfriend, which wasn't true. But he's playing in the bar's house band so he'll be around lots. More digging by myself turned up the fact that dude was shorter than her AND as old as her dad. That will amuse me to no end tonight.

I'll add my own embarassing attempt later, but lets hear some of your's.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This is not going to end well...

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Paging Sportschick. :D

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah, it must be time to tell the story of How I Left The Bitch Standing In Her Driveway.

Car died a couple days in advance of a big date. Borrowed a friend's pickup truck; he had a nice truck in an era when most pickup trucks were not so nice.

Went to pick her up in the truck. Knocked on her door, &c &c, and then we got out to her driveway --- she saw my friend's truck and immediately said, "Oh ... I didn't realize you had a truck."

Now, this was not the tone of voice you're thinking of. In fact, you could well say there was a hint of disgust at the edges of her vocal cords. I responded with a hint of disgust of my own ...

"If I had realized you're like that, I wouldn't have asked you for your phone number."

And I drove away.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mine are not interesting, Tommy. They all involve guys with tats, bars and the phrase, "You're coming home with me tonight."

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Does someone remember the story about the guy who ripped a dollar bill to make a woman think he was using a condom?

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. sportschick

I AM NOT CHRIS BERMAN, DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nice earrings. They would look great on my night stand.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Back in college I go out as the third wheel with a friend to an ice rink. I see this one girl doing a few twirls and such with her friends, thought she was cute, so I figured I'd go up and try and say something sort of witty regarding her moves on skates. Except I skate up to them, try and stop, and POW, fall flat on my back on the ice before I could even finish what I was saying. I did get to talk for a minute but I was too embarassed. Afterwards they kept watching me walk out acting like they were waiting for me to go up to them again, but that was just not going to happen.

11. sportschick

Nice pants. They'd look great on my floor.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Let's have breakfast. Should I call you or nudge you?

Draft saved Draft deleted