1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best stand-up comics most people haven't heard of

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kathleen Madigan was the one I was thinking of...

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

If you're OK with completely inappropriate songs by Lynch, try this one on for size:

I've long said that I've never been offended. But this song comes close.

Edit:

I should also point out that it's really fucking funny still.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Maybe you all can help me here. I've heard a comedian on Sirius 103 Blue Collar Comedy a bunch of times who's hilarious, but I have no idea who he is. He was on at about 3:40 p.m. central on Saturday, which was the last time I heard him. By the time I got to work, he was off the air and I couldn't find any listings of who was on on the Sirius site.

Anyway, the guy's bit on Friday included bits about McDonalds not being fun anymore since somebody went and read the nutrition information and a bit about the butter on movie theatre popcorn. He's got something of an annoying, grating voice and he talks pretty fast. I'd recognize him immediately if I heard his voice.

I've looked around on youtube a bit, but I have no idea who the guy is. Anyone have any idea who I'm talking about?

4. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Patton Oswalt is really funny in person and I second the votes for Gaffigan, Norton, and Regan. I really did not think that Pablo Francisco was that funny when I saw him. Another good one is Jeff Ross, who does a lot of the roasts but does some good standup too

5. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Also Lavell Crawford from this most last season of Last Comic Standing is hilarious. So much better than the winner or the winner from the year before (Josh Blue).

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Lynch is awesome and that might be my favorite of his. I love his facial expressions.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll say it here. I've watched probably 8 of his songs now, and I'll say it.

I would do terrible things to Stephen Lynch.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And this is my favorite Lynch song yet..."Vanilla"

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Giraldo had a great line about Ross in the Flavor Flav roast
    "Jeff is hosting some ridiculous talent show, a talent show, where do you get the balls, you hosting a talent show is like Michael Vick being the head of the ASPCA."

On a similar note I watched a Patrice O'Neal video last night and the whole 26 minutes was hilarious

Draft saved Draft deleted