1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best stadium to watch an NFL game (not including Lambeau and JerryWorld)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Sep 12, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Figure those are at the obvious top choices - but where to next? What other stadiums offer the best gameday experience?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For a Steelers fan, Heinz Field is a great experience. If you are not a Steelers fan, you will probably hate it.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I've heard Arrowhead is great, but that's when the Chiefs' fans had hope.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have been told that the Seahawks' home field (is it called Qwest?) is a really excellent stadium with good fans. Of course, you have to watch the Seahawks.
    It's not for every taste, like mine for instance, but there's no denying an Eagles game is an experience unto itself.

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

We really enjoy Lucas Oil in Indy. Not a huge fan of domes, but they do retract it for quite a few games. Best part for me, as a married guy who brings the Mrs. (or the random nephew), are the intangibles.

Good & plentiful, walkable locations for pre & post game food (or drinks). Very reasonable traffic patterns, post-game. Best of all, (IMO) it's the smallest percentage of *ssholes in the stands, of the numerous NFL stadium experiences we've had. Maybe I'm getting old & cranky.....but it's one of the few remaining places I'd actually rather go to the stadium, as opposed to just staying on my sofa.

Food sucks, though.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is Jerry World actually a good place to watch a game? Haven't been there, but on TV the place looks as obnoxious as the man himself.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is there really a bad place to watch a game?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm sure you remember Jets games at Shea.

9. Scouter

Scouter Member

Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Didn't know that. Seems to me like every game has a dome "look" to it (no sunshine or shadows).

Haven't seen a game in person in about 6 years. Monday night. Man behind us was whistling with the most ear-splitting tone I have ever encountered. Have no desire to go back. I have six animals at home. No need to sit with 70,000 animals at a stadium.

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Qwest Field in Seattle is very nice.

FedEx Field in DC is horrible.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Been there. Not impressed. It feels more like a movie theater than a football stadium.

Draft saved Draft deleted