1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Sportswriter in the US,

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dkphxf, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Good choice. How about David Murphy?

2. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Skip Bayless. Long before Skip morphed into that character you see on TV (or don't see if you quit watching Cold Pizza or whatever), he wrote killer columns all the time, the kind you wish you could write on deadline and get a rise out of readers.

3. bake1234

bake1234 Member

Gary Smith, S.L. Price and Joe Posnanski are at the top. Wright Thompson is up there, too. I think Dave Hyde is the most underrated. I'm also a Kevin Sherrington fan.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rhoden, Willis, Burwell and Wilbon.

5. AD

AD Active Member

drip: if you mean it, great. if you don't, you're a flaming jackass....

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Likely both.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

AD, perhaps you are the jackass. I enjoy reading those four columnists. Why do you have a problem with that?

8. AD

AD Active Member

perhaps i am. again: i have no problem if you meant it. that's what i said. i happen to love reading three of the four. but if you were trying to be cute and don't mean it, i have a big problem with it.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

What do you mean by saying "trying to be cute?"

10. AD

AD Active Member

if you meant it -- and these four are your favorites -- it doesn't matter what i mean by 'cute'. clearly i was wrong. i applaud your choices.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

To be honest AD, I have a huge problem with the word "if."

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

AD, don't get caught up in the merry-go-round that spirals like an accelerated corkscrew through the layers and straight into hell. And have a nice Tea Party Day.

Draft saved Draft deleted