1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best sports weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rgd, Oct 6, 2006.

1. rgd

rgd Guest

Is this the best sports weekend of the year? I say it is. There are four baseball playoff series, a full slate of college football games and the NFL on Sunday. This is the weekend I look forward to more than any other. Is there a better weekend?

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Every weekend I don't have to work is the best weekend.

But you're pretty spot-on, Ebby. Lots to watch these next few days. And like I need an excuse to sit around and watch TV.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is the Kentucky Derby this weekend?

Then no.

But your point is valid!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And THE YANKEES are playing.. .you can never go wrong watching THE YANKEES. EVERYONE wants to watch THE YANKEES ALL THE TIME [/foxsports, espn]

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ahh, this is a tough one. I think the month of October is certainly the best sports month of the year.

But for best weekend, I'm going to have to go with NCAA weekend in March: 48 BKC games in four days -- morning to night -- Tiger's always playing at Bay Hill that weekend, spring training (if you're lucky enough to be in/visit Fla. or Ariz.), NBA/NHL are in the homestretch before the playoffs. Can't be beat. :D

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I agree 100%. The whole month of October is definitely the best, but for one weekend you can't top the opening weekend (and the second for that matter) of the NCAAs.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

With European Qualifiers on Saturday, MLB playoffs and NFL football, I would say this is a pretty good weekend.

8. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

from a coverage standpoint, i've always loved final four weekend.

9. Drock

Drock Member

Since I'll be covering games tonight and tomorrow, and I have little interest in the NFL, this is far from my best sports weekend.

First weekend of the NCAA tournament is by far No. 1 for me.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

NHL season beginning, Baseball playoffs, college football and NFL all there, not a bad time at all to be a sports fan.

11. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

Need someone mention, Texas/OU weekend!?!

12. Grohl

Grohl Guest

The first weekend of the NCAA tournament is unsurpassed, if you can count Thursday and Friday as part of the weekend. I've also always loved Labor Day weekend -- the opening of the college football season and the middle weekend of the U.S. Open, with an extra day off thrown in. It's not quite as great as it was, though, because the NFL now opens its season a week later.

Draft saved Draft deleted