1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best sports story of the day comes from Chicago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hank Paulson might be able to get $700 billion by scalping Leafs tickets.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was the classic debate of my adolescence.

Forty years later, hasn't changed.

Senator Mahovlich.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In my yoot, I saw two guys who made your hair stand up when they charged down the center of the ice.

The Rocket, near the end . . .

. . . and number 16/7/9.

I saw him split two defensemen, often enough.

You thought only horses could do that.

4. accguy

accguy Member

JR,

I agree that the Hawks are a great story, but they don't even have the best sweater in hockey.

I'll take the red Canadians jersey 10 times out of 10 over the Blackhawks.

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

It's 20 games on WGN, but only in Chicago. National feed gets zilch. (Unlike the WOR Rangers-Islander-Devils days.)

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God forbid that we have anything that could benefit both parties. But hey, more Corner Gas reruns for everybody.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dumb question, but is WGN still over the air on Channel 9 in Chicago?

8. that is dumb. if i am the nhl, i am demanding that they show the games on the national feed. demanding.

talk about wonderful exposure for the sport.

and yes, f_b, they're still on 9.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually it's probably the NHL dictating that they don't show them nationally. It would cut into the Center Ice package.

10. which may be right, but nonethless dumb. versus is not easily seen on cable tv. i really would love to see how many people get the wgn superstation feed on basic cable compared to versus. many of versus subscribers, at least in non-comcast markets (and even on some comcast systems) are in the premium tier. joe sixpack probably isn't shelling out dough for the sports package.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe NBC will show a Hawks game instead of those eternal Pittsburgh/Rangers//Flyers games.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

WGN doesn't show as much sports nationally because it's still trying to pump up its CW network. Even some Cubs games have been taken off the national feed.

Draft saved Draft deleted