1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best sports section: SF Chronicle?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Jan 13, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

If you're a baseball fan it's hard to like the Chronicle after what the paper's done to magnify the steroid scandal in the last two years. Still, you have to give the paper a ton of respect.

Paper-wise, SF isn't even the best in the area. San Jose used to win that hands down, but with Dean's hacking and slashing it isn't what it was.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Wow. That's some bass akwards thinking if I've ever read it.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I just call him ftard.

4. oldhack

oldhack Member

Even before the K-R and Singleton axes fell, the Merc was a lot of words, not stitched together very well. Beyond that, for 20-30 years, everything grew in Santa Clara County but the Merc's circulation. Most over-rated.

5. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

call me anything you want - just don't call me johnson.

i'm an avid reader. good interviews.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Doe anyone else find the word "scoop" to be annoying?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ax to grind, Rok?

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So you're a fan of cheating?
    I don't understand, please explain.

9. KP

KP Active Member

Not as much as "insider"

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

We can agree, therefore, that inside scoop just flat out sucks ass.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jay, I can explain that.

You don't have to be a fan of cheating to want the sports section to be about sports.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, considering the two reporters shouldn't have to give up their sources, absolutely not. And considering cheating exists in other sports... to hear the SF Chron talk about it in some of those articles, baseball's the lone sport that does it (although the articles have mentioned track). And I gotta feel for Henry Schulman, what he's been through as the news side has written these stories.

I didn't say the reporting wasn't excellent. It is. It's just my cup of tea in SF has been the Merc, and somehow my words got lost in translation. That's all. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted