1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Sports Movie that doesn't end with a big game/fight/match whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 3, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The 2b was a great character also. Remember Stud telling him, "Every girl fucks."

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this on the board before, but I loved when he told Dixie his girlfriend "got herself pregnant," and Dixie answered back "the last time that happened, there was a star in the East."

fossywriter8, dixiehack and cjericho like this.
  3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Eight Men Out, also just an underrated movie. And almost as great, the Married With Children Episode that ends the same way as Eight Men Out, with Al playing Shoeless Joe.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Virginia Madsen was great in that movie.

Jamie Don Weeks was the second baseman, played by Dermot Mulroney in one of the first roles of his career.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Dixie: "I'll have a shot of Jack."
    bartender: "How old are you?"
    Dixie: "Old enough to have Jack for breakfast."

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"But she's reeeealllly religious....."

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

For me, it's Bull Durham and it's not even close. In fact, one of the reasons I love that movie so much is that it did not fall into the "big game" trap.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What happens at the end of Ice Castles?

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Best sports episode on a television show may have to be a different thread, but I remember that episode coming out and making me a real fan of Married with Children. In my memory, that was the first time I realized the show was much more well written then people gave it credit for.

10. DanOregon

They forgot about the flowers - (at the US Figure skating sectionals).

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Right, knew about that but couldn't remember if they went back home to make out or something, fade to black.

12. DanOregon

Oh, sorry forgot about this, but in my defense once we went to see the movie as a family, another time it was on the plane during a family trip and the other time it was playing outdoors and there was nothing else going on. So yeah, worst movie I've seen multiple times.

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted