1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best sports highlight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Jun 28, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, even I was going to let her off the mat with this one...

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

There's a couple
    This is the closest I could find of one of them, a very underrated goal by Doug Weight while he was still with the Oilers against the Calgary Flames. The Only place I could find it was on the NHL 99 Intro (which I also think was the best intro in the series). It is the first highlight.

Then of course Cujo's save in OT in Game 7 of the opening round of the 1997 playoffs on Joe Nieuwendyke of the Dallas Stars, followed by Todd Marchant breaking down the right side and going top shelf on Andy Moog. It just doesn't get much better for an Oilers fan.:

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

3) Ron Francis' game-winning goal in Game 1 of the 2002 Stanley Cup final. Of course, little else went well for the Whalercanes after that, but the work to get there was the story.

2) A pile of Carolina Panthers essentially knocking out Deion Sanders during the 1996 NFC Divisional playoff game in Charlotte. One guy in the pile was named Mills.

1) Some scruffy bunch winning some Cup.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That was so painful for me. I smoked a CUban cigar after each Oilers win starting in the semifinals. Sadly I have one left that will never get smoked. Hell of a finals though. The only time I managed a smile during the post game is when Brindamour didn't let Bettman do his little speech in the cup presentation and just grabbed it from him.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

See? Even the Oilers can find something to like in this. Good stuff.

If only the Whalercanes could have won one for Ronnie ... :'(

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

John Elway going helicopter late in the third quarter of Super Bowl XXXII.

Gibson, even though I'm a die-hard Angels fan, still is freakin' incredible. With either Scully or Buck calling it, both tremendous calls.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Game

Set

Match

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, what a great series.

For me, though, it's Paxon.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Crosby did that same move in a Quebec junior league game. Don Cherry shit all over him for it.

For me, Hagler-Hearns, all eight minutes and one second of it, and Robbie Alomar going deep off Eckersley in the 92 ALCS.

Draft saved Draft deleted