1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Sports Chants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And nobody else mentioned it cause it's full of fail :D

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Saddest moment in my Alma Mammy's history - and that is saying something.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

NSFW

Shit, piss, butt fuck
    Gobble, nibble chew
    We're the fucking Matadors
    Who the hell are you?

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

On a related note, a few years ago at the Big 12 tournament when Mizzou was on the way to a loss that would seal yet another NIT berth under Quin Snyder the Missouri fans started doing their MIZ ZOU chant, only to be drowned out by KU fans replacing the MIZ with NIT.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You are correct.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Oh, and Rock Chalk Jayhawk blows everything else out of the water.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Nice. Stay classy, Flyers fans ... oh, wait, that ship sailed long ago. One of the few times I cheered for Tie Domi was in Philly, when that idiot fell into the penalty box and Domi started pounding him before the cops could get there to roust the guy.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

When Danny Hurley played for Seton Hall and shot foul shots, the 'Cuse student section chanted "Bobby's better!"

When Mike Hall, a black kid, shot free throws for BYU in the MWC tournament, the New Mexico students chanted "You're not Mormon!" Apparently the UNM fans ran afoul of the powers that be at that tournament, so on questionable calls they chanted "I disagree! I disagree!" Just thought that was clever.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I used to love how the bleacher bums in Wrigley would sing "DARRRRRRRRYLLLLLLL" when the Mets were in the field.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

imo, the fact that the "potvin sucks!" chant to end the "da-da-da-da-da..." organ diddy at msg still lives more than 20 years after the guy's retirement makes it no. 1. throw in that it's chanted no matter who the rangers are playing says it all. ;D 8) ;)

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I like it if Harvard and Yale students shouted "safety school" at Stanford or Duke the next time they played anything, since I've heard students at Stanford and Duke chant that at someone else.

Not during football, though, for some strange reason ...

"Ted Bundy was a Husky" always works for me.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always like the simple ones:

"Ref - You - Suck" "Ref - You - Suck"
    "F-U-CLA, "F-U-CLA"
    and for Reggie Miller "Cheryl, Cheryl"

Draft saved Draft deleted