1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Sports Chants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Student section at the local college does this one: When the score is 31-13 (or something similar), they start chanting "Palin-drome, palin-drome."

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Twenty-five years ago, maybe longer, I think it was the Univ. of Colorado, when the team was hopelessly inept: Two, four, six, eight, score before we graduate.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

"Fly is open! Lets go Peay!"

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup. Some guy will start whistling and after a few seconds, MSG will reverberate with "Potvin sucks!"

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Notre Dame once suited up two brothers, Jon and Joe Ross, and I think it was Jon who was the better player. Both were tall white stiffs, but one a little stiffer than the other.

Well in a game at Duke, Jon gets into a little foul trouble and coming into the game off to replace him is brother Joe.

Cue the Dookies...

"Oh no! Not Joe!"

God, that was great.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I always liked hearing the "Fire Millen" chants pop up in places other than at football games.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I was sitting in the press box at Sanford Stadium once, awaiting the latest installment of Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.

UGA band was in place, and they saw a group of Tech students filing into the upper deck. In unison, they point and chant "NERD! NERD! NERD! NERD!"

To which my boss replies: "When the band is calling you a nerd, you know you're a nerd." Or something like that. Still qualifies as the only witty thing I can remember him saying.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Against Middle Tennessee, I've heard people chanting "What the hell is that thing" in response to the mascot.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Seriously, I spent 2 quarters of the Motor City Bowl two seasons ago confused as hell.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

doubledown68 and Diabeetus said they love this chant ...

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The Red Sox fans chanting "Just Say No" to Darryl Strawberry during the 1999 ALCS remains my favourite.

Not funny, but noteworthy: ASU fans chanting "P-L-O" at Steve Kerr after his father was killed in Beirut.

Draft saved Draft deleted