1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best sports blogs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chris Iott, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dan Steinberg's Sports Bog (not sure how the whole Bog thing came about but I love the word) at WashingtonPost.com is consistently good. I've posted many times that the only bad thing about it is that it seems to keep Steinberg out of the actual paper. Some of the stuff he did during Mason's run to the Final Four was simply excellent.

I read a lot of blogs about the one team that captures me as a true fanboy (www.dcbb.blogspot.com is very good) but Dan's is the "bog" I will read all the time, regardless of the topic.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bastard,

The KA-J blog is great. Bookmarked. Thanks.

YD&OHS, etc

3. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The content is good if you want to learn something about the Reds. But man its hard to take the blog too serious with that guy's big head overwelming the whole thing. I don't get it, why the need for the mug shot?

If you want a better blog check out this guy Chris Lynch - mostly sports but musings about other things as well :

http://large-regular.blogspot.com/

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I'll second that. I'm not big on reading blogs, but I do make a point of checking out Dave's. He does of good job of writing about MU, the Big 12 and college football in general. Dave breaks down games and practices and sometimes breaks news on his blog. I like how on Sunday he'll usually empty his notebooks and give a long post with everything he thought about that game that didn't make print. He also takes time to respond to most comments and questions posted by readers.

6. nbalum

nbalum Guest

Full disclosure: Peter Abraham of The Journal News is a friend, but I've turned dozens of friends and colleagues on to his Yankees blog. His regulars have become so tight, and so numerous, that they arrange outings to go see Yankees prospects in Class AA games.

yankees.lhblogs.com

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The next phrase that Chris Lynch writes that's not something my 5-year-old nephew could pull off will be the first.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

James Mirtle's hockey blog, which has been pimped here previously, is absolutely great.

9. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

10. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

One of Rosecrans fellow bloggers, Lance McAlister, has a dandy blog on that site as well. It's well-loaded with news links for the Cincy-area sports nut. A must stop every morning for those in SW Ohio.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

odd. I didn't even realize I had a tab up with Dave's blog when I posted this.

12. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

If what you're looking for is a staff writer using a blog to interact with and inform readers, check out Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.

Draft saved Draft deleted