1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best sports blogs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chris Iott, Mar 26, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. Trent's with the Post was the best I'd ever seen and the new one is off to a good start. The common ingredient he has with Pos' blog is that their personalities come through in what they write. It's not just notes that didn't make it into the paper.

2. What's a blog?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Matt Maccioco's 49er blog at pressdemocrat.com ... supposedly the No. 2 nfl blog out there. Don't know who No. 1 is, but it must be studly.

4. JLawson

JLawson Member

Let me third guy in this line. When I started reading Trent's blogs I had no idea what made a good blog, but he really puts a lot of personality into his stuff and tells you things you wouldn't know even if you read the papers every day. It was sad to him go from the Post, but I still read his stuff religiously.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Dustin does a nice job with his blog, too. It's the only NASCAR one I've seen that gives you what traditionally expect from a blog (someone correct me if I'm wrong and there are others).

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's mostly in a Q&A format rather than a blog, but Curt Cavin's IndyCar page at the Indy Star is a must-read for open-wheel fans and media. He's more connected to the series than anyone and drops a lot of things in there that don't make the print edition.

7. One of the best blogs that I've come across that I don't see anyone mention is actually Kareem Abdul Jabar's blog at the LA times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/kareem/

He gets into politics and history as much as sports but a very interesting read.

8. Jeff Wallner

Jeff Wallner Member

Trent's head barely fits into his blog photo as it is, so careful with the kudos.

Seriously, Trent parlayed his Post blog into a full-time gig in a market with limited full-time opps. More power to him. He works hard at it.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hadn't seen his new blog since the Post, so thanks to buckweaver for posting that.

C.Trent is very good. As is Pos, as Good Doc said. I think a paper like Chris' could emulate C. Trent's a lot easier than it could Pos' though. Dustin Long's IS very good.

10. StephenLitel

StephenLitel New Member

Hi everyone,

New to SportsJournalists.com, but thought I’d include the link to Britt Robson’s work at The Rake. Although he covers one of the worst teams in the league, his blog is simply one of the best out there.

http://www.rakemag.com/blogs/ball

11. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

john canzano does a terrific blog.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Quit kissing Rosecrans' ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted