1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best source for presidential election news?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, May 5, 2012.

1. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I suggest watching MSNBC and Fox News in equal amounts every night. You'll realize that each party's candidates are all evil, despicable human beings who don't deserve to live, much less run a major country. And each party's candidates are God's gift to humanity and the entire world will go to Hades if he isn't elected/re-elected.

:).

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you see the SNL parody of "Fox and Friends" last night?

"You know who WOULDN'T have ordered that raid of Osama bin Laden's compound? BARACK OBAMA!"

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I watched SNL for the first time in a long time last night and caught that.

In all seriousness, check out multiple sites. NYT, WaPo, Real Clear Politics is a go-to site for me. For good opinion, National Review Online (from the right) and New Republic (from the left) are pretty solid. If you get opinion from both sides , you get a pretty solid perspective.

4. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Just watch the Daily Show and you'll be fine.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/forums/13/

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's meta

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Once the NYT's own ombudsman admitted that, yeah, we've been in the tank for Obama, I'd say the NYT pretty much disqualified itself from consideration on this question.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Here's what he actually wrote.

www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/opinion/sunday/a-hard-look-at-the-president.html?ref=thepubliceditor

www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/questions-of-bias-and-balance.html?ref=thepubliceditor

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

+1

Draft saved Draft deleted