1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best SID ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by longgone, Aug 27, 2008.

1. longgone

longgone Member

With college football about to start and many of us returning to our familiar seats above the 50-yard-line and near the buffet, wondering which SID tops your list for best all-around. I don't have a lot of experience at colleges west of the Mississippi, but I'll throw in an opening vote for the late Bob Bradley at Clemson. Well-prepared, cooperative, great historic knowledge of the program, tremendous stat packages, well-run press box and just a great guy.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Claude Felton.

End of thread.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not any of mine.

And let me be the first to pile on with the gratuitous "How 'bout the guy at VCU?" post.

4. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

I'll place Florida State's Rob Wilson up for nomination and second the Claude Felton nomination...

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I haven't known a whole lot of SIDs from very many schools. I've had good experiences with quite a few of the ones I have made contact with.

The guy at VCU is worthless.

Just kidding, Moddy!

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'm probably partial, but Dave Williford at Oregon would get my vote. Always had things extremely organized, his staff is as knowledgeable and friendly as he is, he remembers visiting folks even if he only sees them once a year and he can answer just about any question you throw his way, most without having to look up anything.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The people are your school are light years ahead of the ones we deal with here.

I never thought I'd say that.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The guy that said "the only thing I hate worse than track is field" should receive some consideration.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Williford is great. He was always fun to work with and even though I only did one game in 2006, he remembered me when I went back in 2007.

10. Speedway

Speedway Member

Rich Dalrymple and Karl Schmitt at Univ. of Miami in the eighties.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

if you want to include conference offices and media relations directors, it's bo carter of the southwest/big 12 conference.

12. DavidPoole

DavidPoole Member

Bob Bradley of Clemson was the man.

Draft saved Draft deleted