1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Selling Albums of '06

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Dec 4, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not too surprising. Their sales have been declining for a while. Their last CD didn't even go platinum.

I think this one was a little more mainstream, but they're pretty well-entrenched as a niche act. They're probably not getting very many new fans with their new releases.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I have never heard of about 15 of the artists on that list.

Of the top 50, I have 3: Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy and System of a Down.

And it saddens me that the worst band in the history of life, Nickelback, has the No. 3 record. That just makes me want to vomit.

Of course, I have a Fall Out Boy record. So what do I know.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

This is a sad, depressing time for tune-age.

Channeling Goldstein:

"Remember The Wire, season 4? Picture the exact opposite of that."

4. The Fray is OK by me. And yea, I have three Fall Out Boy songs on my iPod. Right next to Cyndi Lauper and Rockwell. Come get me.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have Jack Johnson, Kelly Clarkson (ducking), and Panic at the Disco. Of course, I think I bought five CDs last year, not counting kid's music obviously...

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

C'mon, we have so many Hinder fans on this board, and the album only made it to No. 32? Some people here are not even trying.

7. What no Neil Young? I though (according to some on this board) that it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread and the protest album of the year.

Neil Young still can't hold Bob Seger's jock and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young was the Partridge Family of rock bands.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3.7 million sold for the No. 1 album of the year?

Fleetwood Mac could've put out the "Stevie Nicks Queef Album" in 1979 and sold more.

Oh wait, they did. It was called "Tusk."

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'd rather get caught listening to Kelly Clarkson than the likes of say Fallout Boy, Panic! at the Disco and [insert garbage pop-punk band here].

10. aspiring

aspiring Member

OK, I'll go back to listening to GOOD music now. Just got the new Slayer, that'll do just fine.

11. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Plus, Pearl Jam is a live band. I bought the new CD, but I haven't listened to it once since the tour started because I have downloaded several shows from their website.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Those are the ones I have.

And the fact TWO "Wow! That's what I call shit!" CDs are in the top 50 makes me cry.

Draft saved Draft deleted