1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best SEC beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, May 18, 2007.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Who gets your vote? State your case.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

My favorite has always been clutchcargo. He's just so ... clutch, Cargo.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Who cares.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

For once I have to agree with spnited. This can only end badly if it gets going.

5. e4

e4 Member

i don't see the point of these threads.

they're started, i think, either in hopes of getting one's name dropped, or that of a friend. or, perhaps more cynically, of getting somebody's name dropped so others can bash it.

these threads turn into a d*ck measuring contest no one signed up for.

don't get me wrong. if somebody's good, solid, talented, and you want to throw his or her name out there to discuss good work and ways to improve, that's great.. but it never happens on threads like these.

from here on in, i propose kangaroo court to deal with the matter of threads like these. and all punishments must be cruel and unusual, just the way these threads turn out.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the southern contingent on this board even outnumbers the NYC contingent, but the only answer to this question is

WHO THE FUCK CARES

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

My vote goes to the people who carry those SEC basketball tourney or SEC gymnastics threads. Those were hilarious.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

I'll play your game. Creg Stephenson, Anniston Star, on the Alabama beat. Good solid reporter and writer. I'm sure there are other outstanding SEC beat writers around, but just wanted to throw this one out. Maybe not the best known, but a pro's pro none the less.

9. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

that's like asking who is the best chef in the burger king chain.

10. ZING!

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

My vote would go to any SEC scribe who nailed that incredibly talented stenographer with the serious f-in' Nortons three months ago at the SEC Tournament in Atlanta.

Which means, of course, nobody.

But the distinction woulda been earned, Hoss. And then some.

I'm still dealin' with the vertigo.

12. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Is this a request or an order?

Draft saved Draft deleted