1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Good point about Heigl jumping ship. She's a great character on this show and hopefully she stays a few years longer a la Clooney, who waited until he knew he had some good stuff in-the-making.

As for Cristina actually caring, totally agree.

As for Lexi, I'm assuming she'll become a George confidant.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I can't believe you guys liked Grey's. It was an absolute disgrace. The thing with the mechanical deer was embarassing. It was like a MadTV skit. The show is much better when Shonda isn't writing it.

3. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Izzie could be giving the paddles to a friggin' amputated grizzly bear and I wouldn't care. Just get her on-screen.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thank you, thank you. I'm reading these posts and thinking I'm crazy because I thought the show absolutely blew.
    Particularly with Sheppard and Queen Bitch hooking up again.
    Same old shit. Last year was not an aberration.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No, it was Private Practice that sucked ass, Grey's was actually really good, and I was on the verge of not watching it anymore...

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought they were both enjoyable.

7. Baloo

Baloo Member

I'm glad to see there are at least two other people who thought Grey's premiere was a dud. The only part I thought was funny was when Sloan told McDreamy "you're the reason I came to Seattle - I came to get you back."

Otherwise:
    1. Meredith's half-sis is annoying as hell. And her speech to George was cringe-inducing, especially in light of his "you're awesome" and her "I know" responses. If McDreamy starts seeing lexi, I"m done with the show.
    2. Why make Callie a weak character all of a sudden? She was always self-assured at work & totally in command. Now all of a sudden she gets walked all over? Give me a break.
    3. The Izzie-George romance is a no-go. They've got zero chemistry. Izzie, in fact, has become the most annoying & pathetic person on the show.
    4. They need to bring back Dr. Addison asap.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

ER was little disappointing last night and I don't like Stanley Tucci on it. Great actor but not a great part for him. Doesn't fit on ER.

Interesting to see what will happen with Neela.

Big Shots did not disappoint me last night, and CSI was good.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think they've made Callie a weak character. I think they're trying to show how strong the others are and how much stronger Bailey is.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

CTV is showing Without a Trace's new season tonight. Moved over from Global. Enrique Murciano....takes my breath away.

From this thread alone, you now realize who my dreamboats are:

David Annable
    Michael Vartan
    Enrique Murciano

BTW- When is the season premiere of LOST?

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That was a fucking mechanical deer?!?!? I was forced to watch it with my Diabetes walk committee after a meeting last night and we had the volume down.

Another reason why I have a hard time getting with this show. The Lexi chick started to annoy me everytime because she all over Sheppard, George, and anyone she could stand next to ask them about McWhiny.

Big Shots was amusing last night. I started to feel for Vartan's character: gets fired by the boss, boss shacking up with Vartan's wife, boss has heart attack and checks out, wife holding necklace boss gives her. That's three donkey kicks in the gonads.

The guy wearing the glasses was funny. He goes to the therapist with his wife, and then his mistress thinks it's a good idea to get "couples therapy" and he ends up in the therapist's office again, with the mistress. I was hoping the counselor would have whupped his ass on the spot.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Big Shots was pretty good... I'm very surprised...

Draft saved Draft deleted