1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I won’t disagree with you too much about this. But…

I really wanted to like Bionic Woman. I am just a bit saddened by some of the absolute awful lines. It just bugs the hell out of me. I am also going to get really annoyed by the younger sister. For me, kids kill shows. I will give it a further look but I don’t see it falling into a must see category.

Life, on the other hand, is a show that I only watched part of because my wife wants to see it and so it is DVRed and we’ll watch it tonight or over the weekend. In the first 20-minutes I just wasn’t keen on the guy. It had a ton of corner and poorly laced lines. It wasn’t that he was quirky, I’m fine with quirky, I am not fine with lines like, “You hate cops? I hate cops too.” Yuck. Oh and the stare down with the prison guards was pretty stupid.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Big Shots starts tonight. I have been waiting all summer for that show. With Dylan McDermott, Christopher Titus and that dreamy Michael Vartan, I hope the wait was worth it.

Entertainment shows are dubbing it the male version of Sex in the City.

ER on tonight too...and CSI, which I want to see how the whole thing with Sarah unfolds.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Big Shots will suck, suck, suck.

As for Life, I liked it. But in my quest to pare down the number of shows I watch, I'm not sure if it makes the final cut. I'll give it another two episodes. I might give it more chances to succeed because I like the actor playing Crews. He always does good work.

Back to You has already been taken off the Tivo pass after two shows. While Frasier Crane was arrogant and pompous, he was at least likable. Not so much with this character.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm not seeing too much to challenge Back to You in the 8-8:30 slot.

5. Inky_Wretch

True, shottie, but we've got plenty on the Tivo to watch without adding another show to it. Especially one that has been mediocre through two episodes.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I two-thirds agree with this.

The other one-third of me is still trying to figure out what Chris Titus had to do to deserve this amazing bit of casting fate.

7. Cansportschick

They are trying to infuse comedy into this show and think Titus is the ticket.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Big Shots has the dream timeslot, but I'm not expecting much...

9. Cansportschick

I, on the other hand have "BIG" expectations.

10. Inky_Wretch

Don't you really mean this...

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You think Michael Vartan is dreamy? Not that there's anything wrong with that....

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nope.

I've never bought Josh Malina as a "hottie," but he has a LOT more on his resume than Chris Titus.

Draft saved Draft deleted