1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I lkke Cold Case too and I'm glad they killed off Merideth Baxter (Lilly's mom). I like the fat cop and the black cop, their characters are very real.

And although I know it's fiction I'm always amazed they can take a case that's been dead for years and solve it with 3-4 days of TV time.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like my wife....though she laughed her ass off at the first 40 minutes or so of the South Park movie.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I just got through watching Cane.

As somebody who was/is too cheap to get HBO and missed on the Sopranos... Does this seem like a network knock-off?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

yup. I'd dump the younger actor plot lines and stick with Jimmy Smits. I figured the old guy he had whacked would end up being his dad. Didn't his wife seem a little young for Jimmy? Wasn't Maria Conchita Alonso available?

Really liked the premiere of The Unit. The show doesn't get a lot of buzz, but it was pretty tightly written, a lot of people got shot without warning and you got a sense David Mamet still keeps his hand in the show judging by the dialogue. Plus the wives were an afterthought.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I like Jimmy Smits, but personally did not care for Cane after watching the first show.

Family Guy was good. I have to admit that Stewie is so adorable.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

House was very good last night... NCIS was outstanding...

I haven't seen Cane yet...

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Just watched DVR'd premiere of "Reaper." I'm not sure how much Kevin Smith had to do with it since he directed the first episode, but it was pretty funny. The young cast seems to fit well.

Where it goes from here, who knows. It definitely has potential to be pretty good, though.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought it was pretty solid too...

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Anyone watching Private Practice tonight?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Watched Bionic Woman tonight...not bad. Has some potential.

I like the supporting cast, particularly Katee Sackhoff as the first bionic woman. She plays dangerous and unbalanced very well.

Battlestar Galactica fans already know that. They'll also recognize a couple of other familiar faces in the tonight's episode. Lots of ties between the two shows, which makes sense. NBC and Sci-Fi Channel are in the same company. Plus, if you find a formula that works and the networks will repeat it.

In this case, take a cheesy '70s show that still has a following, then update it and make it much darker. Let's hope they can match the execution of Galactica. So far, it's not close, but it's not bad either. Then again, to me, there aren't many hours of television that match up to the miniseries or the first episode of the new BSG.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Planned to watch Private Practice, but the DVR shit out and didn't record it.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Private Practice was good ... but the WOW show is, and is going to be, Dirty Sexy Money.

It is outrageous. It is smart. It has twists around every corner. And what a cast.

I am going to LOVE this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted