1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I saw that Kelsey Grammer sitcom and my question is when are execs going to realize that this 2007 and there is absolutely no need for a laugh track anymore? It's ridiculous and ruins the flow of comedy...I refuse to watch any new show with them.

The two best comedies since 2000 -- Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arresed Development -- have realized this and I wish more shows would. Even Malcolm in the Middle was occasionally quite good and would have been ruined from the getgo with a stiff laugh track.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My other issue with Cold Case is that Kathryn Morris looks more and more anorexic with every episode...

3. Mizzougrad96

Back to You - B-
    Til Death - D-
    Journeyman - A
    Bionic Woman - B+
    Big Bang Theory - B-
    Family Guy - A-
    Reaper - B
    Chuck - B
    Pushing Daisies - B

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Just checking out "Chuck" right now. In the first 20 minutes, I'm not impressed. Although, Yvonne Strzechowski (the hot girl with 345345 syllables) is supposed to draw the male viewers, apparently.

5. Mizzougrad96

Some of these shows spend the entire first episode explaining the concept... I saw it months ago, but that was definitely the case with Chuck...

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Still waiting to see where this goes.

On the bright side, Quantum Leap premieres soon!

7. Mizzougrad96

How I Met Your Mother - A
    Two and a half Men - B-
    Rules of Engagement - A-

8. SheaSeals

SheaSeals Member

just watched the final half of Journeyman. S-u-c-k-e-d, and I was looking forward to the f-ing thing. Anyone else watch?

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The only premiere I've seen was It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it was outstanding.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah. I liked it. Different strokes, I suppose.

11. Don't know about any of you, but in addition to many that have already been mentioned, I'm looking forward to the Season 2 premiere of "Friday Night Lights." An outstanding first season. I'm hoping enough people climb on the bandwagon and save this great show.

12. 35in44

35in44 Member

Chuck was OK, but I think I'll watch it again.

Journeyman was excellent. It kind of dispensed with the Quantum Leap plot (and yes, it is similar) by showing he'll always return home at the end of every episode (I think).

The Big Bang Theory. Eh. Might give it one more shot.

Season premiere of Heroes and HIMYM were both very awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted