1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks DD, I needed someone to bring me up to speed, since I hardly sit and watch the show.

In a nutshell, Gray's Anatomy has ventured into the Jumping the Shark waters. I don't get it with these shows today. They throw all of their good stuff at you in the first two years, then run out steam in the third, only to start reaching for straws by the fourth season.

Have they ever heard of stretching a plot out by bits and pieces over several seasons?

Izzy should have called a vet (though I think the father is as dumb for not doing it himself); if George and Izzy do jump off the deep end, they'll be a thread here every week.

God, give me Green Acres. ::)

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just finished watching SNL. A summer's worth of material and they open with a painfully unfunny sketch about the inevitability of Hillary Clinton winning the White House. A few bright spots were LeBron's alteregos, Kanye West bitching about not winning various contests and a video on the Iranian president having a fling with Andy Samburg. Then they do more gay jokes about the Iranian pres in the news segment. No O'Reilly, no Britney, no Lohan, no Petraus, but a lot of unfunny skits that started off weak and didn't go anywhere. As usual.

3. TNT's David Aldridge is reporting that CBS may have a hit on its hands with an Americanized version of British television's Til Death Do Us Part.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I had to DV record Dirty Sexy Money, Brothers and Sisters and Cold Case last night because I was at the Rihanna and Akon concert.

I saw all of them overnight. Dirty Sexy Money is quite good. Donald Sutherland and Peter Krause (from Six Feet Under fame) will carry this show. It will do well. Brothers and Sisters was good too.

Last night was the second episode of Cold Case. The writing has improved from previous seasons. it is more edgier and they are coming up with new topic territory.

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I thought Desperate Housewives was decent. I certainly enjoyed it much more than Grey's. Felicity Huffman is still a good actress. I did chuckle a little at the fork in Bree's baby bit.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

SNL sucked ass... What else is new?

My guiltiest pleasure, Las Vegas, was pretty good... I'm bummed James Caan quite, but ecstatic that the worthless dunce Nikki Cox is no longer on the show...

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Think I'm going to like Dana Delany in this. She plays a chilly bitch really well.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Anyone else catch Brotherhood?
    If that's not the darkest, most depressing show on television, I'm not sure what is. It draws you in, though.

9. Mizzougrad96

Brothers and Sisters was outstanding... It may be my favorite show on the networks...

10. Cansportschick

Yeah, I have followed it since the first season and with such a great cast like Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, Balthazar Getty, Rachel Griffiths, David Annable, Matthew Rhys and Patricia Wetting, the show is one of the best out there. Also, Ken Olin from Thirtysomething fame (Patricia Wetting's husband) produces the show.

The writing and character development is one of the best I have seen. Also the addition of Rob Lowe to the cast last season is another bonus.

11. Mizzougrad96

Also, two shows into The Big Bang Theory and it's pretty funny... It's not exactly Seinfeld, Taxi or Cheers, but it's a good addition to CBS' Monday night lineup...

12. Cansportschick

I heard that Enrique Iglesias is back on How I Met Your Mother as Gael the masseuse this week. I think we get it here tonight. It was hysterical, so check it out!

Draft saved Draft deleted