1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Since the new season has started for most shows or will be in the next couple of weeks, what do you think so far has been the best season opener so far?

Which of the shows that have come back for another season had the best season finales?

The reason why was last night I was watching Cold Case, and both the season finale and season premiere were among the best I have seen. It always gets passed over for Emmy consideration, but Kathryn Morris really deserves a nod. And it looks like her character is going to have quite a year.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Don't know, but I was getting a laugh off of Fox for touting Kelsey Grammer's new show as the "no. 1 ranked new comedy." Uh. Okay. Since none of the others have even premiered yet, I guess you can make that claim, but it's pretty weak. Later, I saw they did the same with K-Ville. "The No. 1-ranked new drama..." Again, nothing else had even premiered yet.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

can't wait to see the michael-ryan dynamic on The Office.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Honestly, there are no new shows that will crack my Tivo lineup of CSI Vegas, The Office, 30 Rock, Earl, Lost, South Park, The Wire, PTI, 6 p.m. local news, 60 Minutes, Cops, AMW, SNL and the Simpsons.

There are probably 5-6 other shows I know I would enjoy, but I just do not have time for them. I actually don't have time for much of what I Tivo now.

Lord, I am not even counting Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Sarah Silverman or any history related thing I will click on randomly.

5. Cansportschick

I am also waiting for ER because I want to know what happens to Neela and CSI and what happens to Sarah (we already know but I want to see how it is written.)

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

About the only season premieres I'm waiting for now are Everybody Hates Chris, ER and Nip/Tuck.

7. Cansportschick

I will tune into Brothers and Sisters too. Well, I do like looking at dreamy David Annabel.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a great show... As far as Cold Case goes, I used to like it, but they do too many episodes where kids are abused or killed that it makes it difficult to watch... Too many shows are copying SVU and that's a trend I really would like to stop... Even Criminal Minds, which is one of my favorite shows, has done some absolutely brutal shows involving kids...

I absolutely loved Journeyman, which I think premieres tonight... Chuck wasn't bad either... I think that may be tonight as well...

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot Heroes.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I tivo a lot of shows that I won't watch until the summer... That's how I started watching 24 and Lost and some of the other serial shows that you can't just watch every couple weeks...

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have a problem with the writing on Cold Case. The stories are usually pretty good, but the use of "the doer" and other language that doesn't quite ring true keeps me from making this a regular appt.
    Speaking of season premieres, I don't know what the hell happened to Shark. Cast changes, people coming and going, cliched writing. The only reason to watch this show is to see James Woods go off and it looks like they're cutting down his workload. They even screwed up which fed agency is in charge of Witness Protection.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I still watch Cold Case if I'm home, but jeebus, that ridiculous episode last season with the kid who wanted to be a ballet dancer should have been enough to put me off that show forever. Here's a hint, CBS: When scenes from your crime drama show up on "The Soup," it might be a sign something's wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted