1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best scenes/skits - SNL history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I still like the jeopardy skits with ferrell as alex trebek

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!"

Absolutely the best.

Second place for me is an old People's Court parody with Roseanna Arquette as a hairdresser suing the devil. She sold her soul but feels she was defrauded. Lovitz was the devil. Jan Hooks was the hairdresser's mom, who listed her occupation as "barfly." Great stuff.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You are correct.

The Sinatra Group is always the first one that leaps to my mind, though.

In the fall of '88 Tom Hanks hosted a great show that had a couple of hilarious skits.

Mr. Short-Term Memory and the game show Jew, Not a Jew were both hilarious.

And in that same one Hanks played Peter Jennings moderating a debate between Bush I (Dana Carvey) and Dukakis (Jon Lovitz). It was great.

The week before the election they had a skit called "Dukakis After Dark" that was brilliant. It was a commercial for the night before the election with Dukakis admitting he didnt have a prayer, so instead of spending a half-hour telling folks why to vote for him, they had a party instead.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the skit called "One Man's Demons" with Phil Hartman hearing devil-like voices, only they were always offering positive suggestions? "Weather strip it, weather strip it!"

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is that the skit where Lovitz dropped the "I can't believe I'm losing to this guy" line?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Can I pass? You know what? I pass.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I always enjoyed Ferrell as Robert Goulet.

"Staring contest ... right now. You don't even blink."

8. Going back a way, a couple with Martin Short and Harry Shearer come to mind.

1) Synchronized swimming

2) 60 minutes spoof in which Shearer plays Mike Wallace and Short is the sleazy lawyer.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

So many from the early days....Samurai Night Fever with Belushi.....the Greek diner.....Bill Murray as the lounge singer.....Richard Pryor interviewing for a job with Chevy Chase.....The Coneheads on Family Feud.....

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Biiiiiilllllll Braaaaassssky.

(My uncle touched me)

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Belushi's "Donuts" commercial was always a favorite of mine.

Thank God someone else remembers Happy Fun Ball. Brasky, too. Easily the most quotable skit for me.

Anyone else have some love for Jackie Rogers Jr.'s $100,000 Jackpot Wad?

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Though not a great skit by any means, the cat lover in me has to mention "Toonces."

Draft saved Draft deleted