1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best scenes/skits - SNL history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Pulling from (ok, a blatant ripoff) of the Greatest TV scenes thread, what are some of the outstanding moments from Saturday Night Live?

Tons and tons of great skits on that show, but the one that immediately jumps to mind for me is Chris Farley doing his Chippendale dance with Patrick Swayze.

Next.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Sinatra Group.

For my money, everything else is fighting for distant second.

3. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

The one with Will Ferrell where he and his "lover" keep telling stories about their freaky sex.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Buckwheat is dead"

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Metrocard commercial with Roseanne Barr and Phil Hartman.

The All-Drug Olympics.

Happy Fun Ball.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Schwetty (sp?) Balls is my all-time favorite.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Dead honkey."

8. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

OK, I'll play on this one ... already mentioned the two SNL things in the other thread. That goof on the Thomas-Hill hearings still tops my list. Laughed so hard the first time I saw that, I missed much of the dialogue because I was busy gasping for breath.

Love their political humor in general. The one with Dana Carvey doing Ross Perot, driving Admiral Stockdale (Phil Hartman) out into the country to leave him there was good. "Gridlock!"

Love Chris Farley doing Matt Foley, motivational speaker ... the one with David Spade and Christina Applegate. Farley is right in their faces, screaming at the top of his lungs, and I love Spade holding his hand over his face because he's completely lost it and is laughing out loud, but trying to hide it. "A writer? Well, lahdy, frickin' dah! Son, I hear that lately, instead of using your paper for writing, you been using it for ROLLIN' DOOBIES!!! Well, you'll have time for a whole lotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!"

And then you have to love Will Ferrell doing his Harry Carey impersonation, hosting some show about outer space with Jeff Goldblum ... "we all know the moon isn't made out of cheese, but what if it was made out of barbecue spare ribs ... would you eat it then? It's a simple question, doctor. Would you eat the moon if it were made out of spare ribs. I sure would. And then I'd wash it down with a tall, cool Budweiser."

9. I drive a Dodge Stratus!

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That would have been the 2nd one I listed, ot.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great call!. "OH! He's pulled his arms off!!"

The reason I didn't list it is it was actually part of Weekend Update and not so much a skit on its own.

I actually still have that on a VHS tape somewhere (as I do a lot of late 80s, early 90s SNL).

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, but it says "scenes" too.

Draft saved Draft deleted