1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best quarterback in football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BrianGriffin, Jan 23, 2012.

?

Whos the best quarterback in the NFL right now?

1. Tom Brady

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Drew Brees

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Aaron Rodgers

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

We had the MVP question, which only included Rodgers and Brees, but wound up with folks debating the above three.

Now that Brady is headed for the Super Bowl (again) and Rodgers and Brees both had some struggles in the playoffs (you can say Brady struggled in the AFC championship game too), I wonder who you would rank as the best QB right now.

And with your answer, say why and if the post-season has any influence on your answer.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I voted for Aaron Rodgers. He is at the peak of his powers, moves better and takes contact better than the others. He put up a historic season, even without a ring. And I fully expect he'll put up another incredible season next year.

3. BrianGriffin

By the way, I voted Brady and I am influenced by the fact that Brady's team got to (another) Super Bowl and Rodgers and Brees did not. I say that knowing full well that Brady did not play well in the AFC championship game.

Yet, the accumulation of winning in his career, his role on a team with a pedestrian running game and little defense, and the great numbers he put up this year lead me to my answer when you add in the fact that he's back in the big game again.

Brady stands alone. It's close, but he's a half notch about the other two.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tim Tebow.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

No Eli Manning? While I'd vote for Brady, depending on how the Super Bowl plays out, I think an argument could be made for Eli.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Eli really is in the discussion now. I'm not sure any of the other candidates have ever put on the type of tough, gritty performance he put on today. That was Hall of Fame-worthy (and if he wins another title in two weeks, he's all but in). If Brady got beat up half as bad as Eli did today, he'd spend all his time screaming for flags.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Brady and Brees are already clear-cut Hall of Famers, and Rodgers is well on his way.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Otto Graham.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Right now? Eli Manning.

But isn't it interesting how we continue to underestimate and overlook him?

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

"We" don't.
    The guy's been like Magic Johnson and raised the level of all those around him, ever since high school and college.
    Great leader.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Brees didn't struggle in the playoffs. 462 yards and 30+ points against that defense? Compare that to what Eli did against them. It's not close.

12. BrianGriffin

I thought about Eli. Maybe I should have included him, but I was still thinking there was a bit of a gap between the three I listed to Eli, who's probably a solid No. 4 (as opposed to Favre, who is a retired No. 4).

Draft saved Draft deleted