1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best purchase I ever made

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Those flexible frame glasses.

Seems these days the only way I fall asleep is by watching TV, reading, etc. This means more often than not with my glasses on. Of course I rarely wake up with them on and it can be a bit of a search to find them. This morning I woke with a bit of a pain in my left shoulder blade. Apparently I had slept on my glasses fora good chunk of the night. The outline of my glasses is embedded in my back right now, but outside of having to clean the lenses the rest of the frames were in perfect shape. had I done this with my old glasses -- and I had-- it usually turned into one of those mind bending puzzles to get them straightened out again, all the while hoping not to snap them.

It's a simple thing, but yes flex frames have been a godsend to me.
  2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I fall asleep with my glasses on every night. I call them my "bed glasses" because they are so abused.
  3. How much are those bad boys going for nowadays? I remember a friend in school having those in 94 and they were going for around $250 in 94 prices.
  4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought Beef was going to say Coffee Crisp [/crossthreading]
  5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted