1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best proposal ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 26, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You have to remember where you are.

This is sj, where some people would bitch moan and whine about The Second Coming.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Somewhere out there is a guy whose hopes and dreams and fantasies of YouTube fame were crushed in an instant when his video girl looked at him in astonishment and said: "No."

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought that was cheesy and not very romantic. Creative? Sure. But the dude was proposing, not directing a high school show choir performance. He must know his audience, though, so good for him.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Nah. I look at that guy as someone who destroys marriage for the rest of us. He'll take out the trash, not watch sports on TV (which, really, probably solves 80 percent of marital strife), never miss her birthday/her parents' birthdays/wedding anniversary/anniversary of first date/10 other anniversaries, never take a round of golf over spending a day with her, blah blah blah.

When his wife is among a bunch of wives 10 years later, listening to them bitch about their husbands' various shortcomings, she'll have nothing to add.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fucking asshole. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted