1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best proposal ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 26, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boy, you're a half glass full kinda guy, aren't you? :)

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wish reporter would have asked what, if any, arrangements were made regarding traffic.

It was a dead end street, so worries were minimal. Still, I would think some coordination needed to take place ahead of the car to stop a car from turning into the street.

Then again, maybe everyone who lived on the street was in the vid. :)

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Happens to the best of us, my friend. :)

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

lmao

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

*stands up and starts the slow clap in a crowded room*

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the reporter missed a chance to ask a few questions...like who are all the people? How much rehearsal was there? What steps were taken to keep her in the dark? Why did she look at the camera as soon as she was in the car?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The first three questions you asked are pretty much all a reporter would need to ask for a great story. We all saw the video. We know her reaction. Putting that whole thing together, now THAT'S where the interesting story lies.

Who were those people? What was their reaction when he first presented them the idea? How did it come together? Did he already have the performance mapped out, or did it grow as people added their own input?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This video to me was one big Britney Spears video, which is to say terrible lip syncing over a shitty song.

Kudos to him, but the vid made me want to punch myself in the face. Too cute, by half.

and yes, JR, someone pissed in my corn flakes. :)

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He's an actor. I think he'll meet the standard he's set for himself, based on personal experience.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more...I'll share my cranberry juice with you.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

those who are picking this video apart are probably the same who criticized 'field of dreams.' yes, know both have their share of critics. and imho, these folks either have no souls or have indeed recently had someone pee into their corn flakes.

i prefer being among the mindless fools who check out a vid like this and give it no thought beyond, 'this is putting a smile on my face.' :)

guess i'm easy. what can i say? ??? ??? ???

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think we're kindred spirits shockey. (But then, I'm the fool that posted this). :D

Draft saved Draft deleted