1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Press Box Food For College Football In the Nation?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GRUDGE, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Election night usually means pizza. At least, every place I've worked at, it has.

2. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Man this is a terrible story idea, but since we are on topic: Nobody has mentioned that damn chicken in the Notre Dame pressbox. That shit is like a drug.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

One year for C-USA Media Days, Rendezvous served bones. I'm not kidding. The bones had nothing but sauce on them. No meat.

Did enjoy the back-alley entrance by Auto Zone Park, though.

Seriously. Just bones.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Corso has mentioned those ice cream sundaes on the air a couple times.

5. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

The nice lady in the Saratoga Springs (NY) press box had delicious brats.

Unrelated, the retired AD had to convince the new AD that there was indeed room in the press box for two reporters and the visiting coaches.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Beaters, shorts, mandals and don't forget that backward hat with the logo of the team you're covering!

7. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Awful story idea.

In my experience....
    1. Memphis - All of the BBQ mentioned above.
    1a. Michigan State - Pork tenderloin and fixin's plus the ice cream

Nothing else has been close. I kind of remember good meals at Georgia, Clemson and Penn State.

8. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

If you think the brats and cheese at UW is good, you've never had brats and cheese before. It's subpar, at best.

9. Sammi

Sammi Member

You know you're a sportswriter or sportscaster.... when you bitch about free food.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In reference to a previous question, Mizzou is charging for food. There was a thread on it.

What about NFL? I don't get there much, but New England and Philly were great the last time I was there. Washington sucked. Danny Snyder probably doesn't care if his hacks get fed anything decent.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I thought the cheese was good the few times I was there ... not so much the brats.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Nothing good can come from this assignment... but that said, I need to agree with this. The Cotton Bowl is off-the-charts when it comes to press box food: taco bar, chicken fried steak the size of a catcher's mitt, barbecue, the works.

Also receiving votes: USC (Moddy's missing prime rib, turkey breast, WONDERFUL artichoke heart salad, et al.)

Draft saved Draft deleted