1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best political coverage on TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, May 7, 2008.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

So who do you watch the most?

I'm pretty apolitical, but have gotten intrigued by this race. Have found myself watching MSNBC more than the others. Chris Matthews wears me out, but can be interesting. For a conservative, Scarborough seems fairly objective, although I'll be interested in how he is heading toward the general election. I like his morning show better than the "Scarborough Country" thing at night. Am kind of ambivalent about Olbermann but he has his moments.

CNN? Can't take much of the Wolfman, and Anderson Cooper creeps me out. Plus, anybody that gives that idiot Glenn Beck any air time won't get my time.

Fox? Nope.

You?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

BBC America and MSNBC.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I tend to watch MSNBC. I like Olbermann and Norah O'Donnell.

The rest of them don't do much for me, but then I can't stand anyone on Fox and the CNN folks are bland, bland, bland.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Daily Show and Colbert Report

Just kidding. I actually refuse to use TV for that kind of information. Overblown, overhyped and way too much hyperbole.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I go with MSNBC. The collection of folks you hear from throughout the course of the night is just a higher quality, in my opinion, than CNN.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No need for the sarcasm font, it's the truth. :D

But on election nights, I go with MSNBC. They're a looser group. When I need a smartboard map, it's CNN.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Floyd Campbell and Earl Camambert

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

How did Hillary do in the Melonville primary?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

BBC's the only set who's playing it straight.

10. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

MSNBC mostly, but we'll flip over to CNN, too. My wife and I think David Gergen is pretty good. But when Anderson Cooper moderates that two-tiered panel of experts, I change the channel.

11. digger

digger New Member

I watch MSNBC, but jeez, sometimes they really piss me off. First off all, Matthews might be the biggest shithead on tv.

I'm a liberal, if you didn't guess, but I still kind of like Scarborough, at least most of the time. There are times when his ideology shines through, though.

And then their was morning joe today, when they were interviewing Wolfson, and all of sudden Matthews chimes in from outside the interview (he was somewhere on the set, but not directly involved) something about how great it is the Hillary's still going on, and maybe they should do a college tour thing in West Virginia. Then all of them are telling Wolfson how much they love him/Hillary. It was disgusting. Ass-kissing to the worst degree.

And they basically gave in to him on every one of Hillary's talking points (including Florida and Michigan should count).

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I kinda like Scarbrough as well.
    He doesn't seem all crazy about it and he's put Bush on blast.
    I usually go with MSNBC, even though I think Matthews is an unfunny joke of a commentator.

Draft saved Draft deleted