1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Player/Best Person

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Joe Sakic from the Colorado Avalanche is in my view the best player/best person. He is always humble, never cocky, or arrogant. He does a lot of charity work and is a good family man. He lets his play speak for itself and he is the best pressure player performer I have ever seen not only in hockey, but the sporting world. His wrist shot is arguably the best, and he has captained the Avalanche to Stanley Cup victories. He was MVP of the Olympic tourney in Salt Lake City for a reason.

When the Avalanche did not make the playoffs and/or made the playoffs but did not get far, Sakic has always shown other players how to be sportsmanlike on and off the ice.

Sakic to me epitomizes what it means to be the best athlete on and off the rink.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Ms Chick,

Funny you should say Quoteless Joe. Just the other day a friend with CBC radio was telling me how Sakic was abusive/insulting/lurid with her when she had to cover the Nords (pinch-hitting) back in the day. Not that I ever saw anything like it in my dealings with him but I don't doubt her.

I think Sidney Crosby would be on the list of young pros.

Andrew Ference would be the very top of my list. Anyone who has dealt with him knows this to be true. Far from a great player but a solid, solid citizen.

YHS, etc

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Ference gets another vote out here.

May I add Jarome Iginla to the list?

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I know that you believe your friend, but everyone that I know that has dealt with him or played with him has nothing but positive and wonderful things to say about him. I am shocked :eek: that someone possibly had a bad dealing with him.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hands down, Steve Nash

Draft saved Draft deleted