1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Player/Best Person

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Even though he's relatively young, Chris Paul is very genuine off the court.

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

With a bow in BYH's direction--I don't know what I don't know--Ernie Banks gets my vote.

As for active athletes, in these parts Matt Hasselbeck qualifies for consideration.

And the recently passed Buck O'Niel struck me as a mighty good man, although he may have taken part in some shenanigans along the way. I just regret that I got to the museum in KC a few months too late to have a chance to meet him.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

No on Ernie Banks.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh there's a shock. :D :D :D

Pallister votes for Richard Dotson!!!

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I hear Warrick Dunn is supposed to be good.

NHLers in general are supposed to have a pretty good reputation, whether or not they are a good quote. The ones I know for the most part are genuinely good in the community.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Are you sure you mean Randy Kutcher and not Kevin Romine? Check the Wikipedia thread for an entertaining conspiracy theory.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Actually, BYH, my opinion of Ernie Banks has nothing to do with my White Sox fandom. I harbor no animosity toward Cubs of the past, and, as long as they never win anything, I will harbor no animosity toward Cubs of the present and future.

But if I have to make a choice, I vote for LaMarr Hoyt.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

MUAHAHAHHA he was the first guy I thought of! But I went to dotson b/c of LaMarr's drug issues.

Britt Burns, maybe?

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Julio Cruz is a saint.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Wayne Gretzky (except for his taste in friends).

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I would have said Chris Benoit, but that's not possible.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

is it too late to say curtis martin, since he's retired now?

derek jeter (ducking). i know many folks here like to shoot him down, but he's a terrific player on the most prominent team in the world and has NEVER come close to being scandalized in a tabloid-driven town that loves to take shots at folks when they've hit the top. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted