1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best place to watch football in vegas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you're wanting to play at Binion's for the historic aspect, it'll be perfect. But you might wind up waiting for a seat. Not because there will be a waiting list, but because they'll only have three or four tables running. Lots of rocks at the tables there, only place where I saw a pre-flop raise on a 3/6 table induce everybody to fold to the raiser.

2. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Hey, I have a great nomination for this thread.

This year, New York New York has been opening up its cabaret theater (right next to the sports book) for football viewing.

It's free, you just walk in and take a seat in the theater (plenty of room), and they have about 6-8 screens showing every game.

Waitresses come through for drinks, and it's nice because there's an abundance of seats (unlike many sports books).

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yeah, I've played there a few times. I usually play in the middle of the afternoon (the wife gets the evenings), so getting a seat hasn't been much of a problem. It's pretty odd action, but as you suggested, it's kind of cool looking over your shoulder and seeing the Wall of Champions.

4. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I also often hear good things about the Superbook at the Las Vegas Hilton, on Paradise near the convention center. Also, if you want to get off the Strip, Green Valley Ranch Station just recently opened its brand new sports book -- bigger, much more open, seems to have more seats, though I've never counted. And there's a lot of places to eat in there, for all budgets.
    And Green Valley Ranch is only 10 minutes, tops, from the Strip, going east on I-215.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

LV Hilton remains reigning champion, in this category . . .

6. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Doesn't matter where you go for the football. As long as you wind up at the In- N-Out for a burger, you will have a good day.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

actually, i'll be eating my burger here: http://www.usmenuguide.com/burgerbarmenu.htm

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A lovely choice, at a joint with consistently-lovely food.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

jeff, that's a great idea

/shamelessly bumping this thread in case anyone has any additional suggestions

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So I take it that place is on the strip?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Just look for the roller coaster. You can't miss it.

Draft saved Draft deleted