1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best PC desktop monitor for writers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ringer, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ringer

ringer Active Member

All you NON-Mac users... which desktop monitor do you guys like for hooking up to a laptop?

I"m having a really hard time finding one that's sufficiently height-adjustable so I can avoid developing scoliosis (and so that my laptop screen doesn't block half the monitor), and I'm having an equally hard time finding one that show me more than a few paragraphs at a time. (Damn horizontal orientation!)

Figured you guys would have been through this ordeal before.

Your advice (and model numbers) would be MOST appreciated!

Thank you!

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

If your laptop has an HDMI port, get a 30"+ TV/monitor for your desk. You'll thank me later.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

^ This. Also, if you're hooking up your laptop to a monitor, get an external keyboard and mouse too and move the laptop off to the side. A wireless keyboard and mouse kit can be had for like $30.

4. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

The bigger the monitor, the better. Less strain on your eyes and greater efficiency with all the space.

5. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

We use old Dell monitors, keyboards and mice w/ our laptop docks in the office.

Draft saved Draft deleted