1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best part of the Mets losing is . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 20, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Nothing. I can't stand the Cards, either, Oz. At least we have that in common. Oh yeah, fuck KU. :D

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Carlos Beltran and his assface agent refused to even bargain with the Royals, turning down $11 mil a year - that's why he got traded.

And I'll root for anyone against the New York-Los Angeles large-market contingent.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sorry, but any Royals fan rooting for St. Louis is a cardina ... um, unforgivable sin.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Beyond unforgivable. I yelled at my sister the other day for proclaiming her love for the Cards after growing up a Royals fan.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, neither Maddux nor Millwood left criticizing the Braves' negotiating SOP, neither is the front man for the union and neither was viewed as a franchise cornerstone. Neither told reporters that Fred Wilpon made them feel like family. Neither told the same reporters months later that the move was hard on his family. I don't think anyone had serious notions that Maddux would finish his career in Atlanta. A lot of people felt the GRBT would, as evidenced by the boos he continues to receive when the Mets are in town.

Gotta agree with you on Time Warner. I've long harbored a conspiracy theory that the accounting department there is lousy with Mets fans. Hope they enjoyed their Division Series win.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

. . . the large, icy-cold glass of STFU every member of NY.sportsjournalists.com had to drink. :D

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The way I see it is, they're still Missouri.

I was born almost halfway between the two and, although a die-hard, devout Royals fan, have never had a dislike for the Cardinals.

Only the Dodgers. And the Yankees.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I was born 2 hours from St. Louis and 2 and a half from KC. My dad grew up in KC, though, and my mom in Clinton, Mo. so we grew up die hard Royals fans.

9. 1. Every time a New York team loses, an angel gets its wings.

2. We don't have to listen to Regis, Mike Greenberg, half the CNBC anchors and anyone else who thinks the rest of the country gives a crap about New York teams.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Amen to that, PRB. I'm listening to Jason Smith on ESPN Radio right now, another huge Mets fan who just can't stop talking about the Mets. STFU!! And I actually like the Mets, but these types just drive me nuts.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Having the lowest rated World Series in history... a some rainouts will only drop the pathetic numbers even lower.

The three lowest rated World Series ever are 2002, 2005, 2006.
    What distinction do these three Series hold over the other World Series since the year 2000?

No New York (2000, '01, '03) or Boston ('04).

Sorry flyover country folks...nobody outside St. Louis and Detroit gives a flyover fuck about the Cards and Tigers.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Speaking for everyone here in flyover country I'd kindly like to ask every Yankee ane Met knobgobbler to eat a steaming bowl of dicks.

Draft saved Draft deleted