1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best part of the Mets losing is . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 20, 2006.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

. . .

Finish the sentence.

For me, it's clearly that up in that 'neutral' pressbox, Lupica was crushed. Can't wait to read his follow - up column. You know he'll mention the Mets got further than the Yanks. And on a lower payroll. I'm sure he'll also restate that Pedro was worth the contract about 1,000 times. Keep telling yourself that, Mike. There's no place like home; there's no place like home, . . ..

2. Simon

Simon Active Member

That I'll get to take a picture of the RED "live strong" type bracelet Joe Buck was wearing on the broadcast tonight.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That I get to view Spnited's new signature for the duration of the World Series!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! :D :D :D

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

That Met fans were crushed on the 20th anniversary of '86.....I just wish that lady that twirled her arms was still sitting behind homeplate at Shea.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That we get to see Tony LaRussa outsmart himself yet again in the World Series.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

New York fans can focus on the Giants, Jets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders and have no shot at a championship from any of those teams in their respective sports in the 2006-07 season.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

You left out the two best teams... Devils and Nets

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Didn't she wave her arms and finish with the arm-into-arm "fuck you" gesture?

There is nothing good from the Mets losing since the dog-ass Cardinals were the beneficiaries.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outstanding work... Let's go (home) Mess!!

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No Joe Buck announcing "It's midnight at Shea Stadium."

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

... that the GRBT Tom Glavine gets exactly the same result he'd have with his former team. [Yeah, I know, it's unhealthy, but I can't help it}

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

OK, I'll admit to being an idiot.
    GRBT?

Draft saved Draft deleted