1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BEST online sports editors

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Andy_Cunanan, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I had a digital age job once. The pay was just as shitty as the print age job I had.

But, Andy, you already knew that because it appears that you know everything.

Also, get all of us a beer. I prefer a Blue Moon this time of year. Playthrough may require a full sixer because he has to moderate this shit.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Andy should be reading Write's posts carefully. Even here in lower Podunk, we're just getting the resources to compete digitally, and it's like getting a new car. We're still trying out all the bells and whistles before discovering what works. I was live-blogging a couple of softball playoff games last month and couldn't help but think back to college, when one of the perks of being an editor was having an electric typewriter. As the technology emerges, so will the superstars.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just figured people didn't post because your handle and your avatar are in horrible taste, to go with your shitty attitude.

But maybe that's just me.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not just you. Figured most people didn't get the reference. No interest in discussing quality editors with a psycho serial killer.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Anybody who brings up craigslist automatically exposes themselves as knowing little about the business model.

Other than the small percentage of help wanted ads, people can advertise on craigslist for FREE.

Sorry, but newspapers cannot compete with FREE. It's not lack of vision. It's common sense. If you spread craigslist's yearly profits among the nation's daly newspapers, it would amount to about $75,000 per paper. A little short of paying off that $12 billion debt that put Tribune into bankruptcy, eh?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I can only speak for one of the above, but we thank you for including us.

7. imjustagirl

I assumed she was talking about someone else who works there. :D

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I figured the name was a reason it took dude four months to post. Gotta assess your potential place at a new community, figure out if they can handle your brand of humor, etc.

9. imjustagirl

I mean, if you're going to do it tongue-in-cheek, parachute in on conversations, i.e. Mark McGwire/Ryan Howard/Roger Clemens, fine. Play the role, be a clown.

But to come onto this site, as fucked up in the head as we are (we are, but beautifully so) and post under that name with that avatar AND get pissy after 30 MINUTES? Yeah, no thanks. Last post here. Enjoy, all.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's come to kill newspapers.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"I come not to bury newspapers, but to . . . OK, I came to bury newspapers."

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'll discuss options in journalism, hopefully intelligently and with thoughtful arguments and perspective, with anyone wanting to do so.

And I'll do it without addressing bad user names or avatars, attention for which I'm sure this guy would like. Why else would somebody use such a handle?

And this was good. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted