1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best office party?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by goalmouth, Oct 14, 2008.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Throwing this out vis a vis the Journo thread. What's your best office party anecdote?

Hmmm...our VP/CEO swinging from a chandelier during a holiday party at the Puck Building, before a very public humiliation in print forced him to dry out.

Any others?

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I was in radio 25 years ago near the edge of the earth. We're in a bar and about 40 people are partaking of the free drinks before dinner.

A woman who was the date of a sales guy was sitting at the same table as myself and, among others, the girlfriend of our sports director. The woman was a teacher at a private school in town. We exchanged the short versions of our life stories, including my recent breakup with my ex-fiancee. She asked me if I'd been dating, and I told her no.

She looked at her drink and said, "I know how you feel. There are only four types of guys in this town." Sensing something fabulous, I asked, "What are they?"

She said, "Divorced, married, separated and jerks," then tossed back her drink as the sports director's girlfriend's eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped in horror.

I laughed uncontrollably for about a minute, and when the first woman turned to talk to someone else, I said to the shocked woman, "Well, I guess I know where I stand."

The rest, I don't remember. As I mentioned, there was lots of free booze.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted