1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best of the Masters

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, Apr 12, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

C'mon, you're here because Mickelson winning a major is your Super Bowl. :D

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You've extolled the virtues of Mickelson for years, largely for what was blown up in the coverage of the final round. Didn't think it was that obscure a reference.

4. Lugnuts

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Got posts?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this a couple times, and I will again: The Tiger story is not relegated to cheating on his wife. There is considerable, ample evidence at this point Tiger was, well, a total predatory hound, courting and bedding women with the zeal he put into his golf game. He was not a "oh, OK, let's find a room" passive cheat. Not that those men are somehow off the hook. But Tiger was keeping what amounted to a stateside harem. They weren't groupies - Tiger would never allow such a thing - so much as the were on-call employess of Tiger Woods' crotch.

Except, of course, for the one he paid off.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So?

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

What's a passive cheat?

"She fell on my genitals. I did nothing wrong."

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ch. 2 news NY just promoed it's Masters folo as: "The family man beats the cheater"

Ridiculous.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

First thought that came to my mind as well.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

One of our guys is writing a column on this whole "steadfast faithful family man vs. serial cheater and all-around immoral guy" angle for tomorrow -- and not kindly toward those who say that's what it was.

11. Lugnuts

There we go. Good, I'll look for that. Thanks, SF.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

This is a little different: Amy's view and only one passing reference to Tiger

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/sports_rotator/041010_Sullivan_Mickelsons_triumphant_at_Masters.html

Draft saved Draft deleted