1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Nike Commercials - Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 20, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hate this thread. [/Phil Mushnick]

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

This gets my vote, because if I remember the story correctly, it was all by chance. Director was there to shoot something else, noticed Tiger nearby just goofing around. He asked if he could shoot it, and the rest is history. I should also note that the music is great, and the simplicity of it, the world's best player doing crazy shit with a ball, is fantastic.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No where near the best.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

This one was absolute genuis when it first came out, and is still amazing.

They actually did one that I only saw air once, first commercial after the end of the European Championship final between Spain and Russia. Made me want to go and run stadium steps right after I saw it.

Here it is.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I really like the Kid Tiger at the Open. Very cool and a very good choice of songs.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Many people aren't aware, but this was Nike's, too ...

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought this was pretty (haha) fun. Then McEnroe's line appeared.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

The "Joga Bonito" campaign from the last World Cup, emceed by soccer's answer to Ulf Samuelsson, Eric Cantona.

9. NCScrub

NCScrub Member

My memory has probably faded, but I swear they once interjected March Madness highlights in this during one NCAA tournament. With rights and such, I could be wrong.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I thought "Lamar Mundane" was Nike, but it was Reebok. Man, saw this commercial a million times.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

OK, so technically this isn't Nike, but it is Tiger and it is pretty damn cool.

12. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I never saw this follow-up commercial until just now. Pretty good.

Draft saved Draft deleted