1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best. News. Alert. Ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Yeah, the Sox and Yanks don't have nukes.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Bingo.

Although, theoretically, Steinbrenner could afford a half dozen or so.

They'd be cheaper than A-Rod.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But would they be as effective as A-Rod?

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Don't give Steinbrenner any ideas.

"You know what we need, Costanza? Tactical nuclear weapons."

5. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Pakistan and India have such a brutal rivalry (literally) that they can't play each other in either country. Didn't they have to play recent matches in Toronto?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My knowledge of the sub-continent is a little weak, but didn't India and Pakistan go to war over a sports event?
    It seems like they did, back in the early 70s. It was either soccer or cricket, but I don't remember which. Or maybe it was both. Seems like they are always looking for an excuse to fight.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The question is: Would Yankee fans boo the nukes if they didn't deliver in the clutch?

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yeah. It's the same reason Indiana and Kentucky don't blame games anymore at Bloomington and Lexington, respectively.

(They're playing in Rupp this year for the first time in eons because of a scheduling snafu in Louisville. I assume they're only using Rupp because there were no death cages available to host the event.)

(And yes, I know they actually use the Dome and Freedom Hall to make more money.)

Draft saved Draft deleted