1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best. News. Alert. Ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 15, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

For all the cricket fans

News Alert
    COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP)_Tri-nation cricket series opening match between Sri Lanka and South Africa called off, official says.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn you Tamil Tigers, damn you to hell!

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

There goes my fantasy cricket team's chances of a playoff berth.......

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I had Sri Lanka down for 73 wickets, too.

Shit.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Thankfully that news alert came about an hour before deadline, so I could remake the front page.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Whenever I see something about cricket on the wire, I automatically think of the SportsNight episode.
    Just a classic.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

DAMMIT HOW WILL WE NO WHOSE CAMPION

9. Chuck~Taylor

It's charmion.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Why didn't someone call me and wake me up about this? I had to wait almost 12 hours.

11. I went to an exhibition match a month ago---Pakistan vs. the rest of the world. Thought i'd hate it, but turns out the ROTW team is made up of mostly Indians. London has a large population of both, and since they hate each other, the crowd was really into it (I was one of the very few white people there). Lots of police in the crowds to break up fights. Chants of "your mother is Pakistani" went on forever.....honestly, it was a great time. You can smoke in the stands too, so between that and all the booze, it felt like i was watching from my barstool....if you ever get to see two international teams play each other (especially two teams that hate each other), you should do it.....

12. Chuck~Taylor

A friend of mine, who is from Pakistan, told me that the the Sox and Yankees is nothing compared to the India and Pakistan rivalry.

Draft saved Draft deleted