1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Movie Trilogies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 29, 2012.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fort Apache
    She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
    Rio Grande

John Wayne - John Ford and Ford's usual cast.

It's a director's trilogy not a star or character trilogy. Though Wayne stared in all 3, he was a different named character.
    The best Westerns. Ever.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Gang Bang.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Star Trek II-III-IV was definitely the best trilogy of the series.

I'd go with Star Wars III-IV-V in that universe.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sergio Leone's Revolution Trilogy -- Once Upon A Time In The West, Duck, You Sucker (or Fistful Of Dynamite) and Once Upon A Time In America is a whopper not mentioned.

I like it much better than the more famous Dollars trilogy, also not mentioned yet.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like to think of 'Police Academy' as three trilogies, the first two completed and third still in progress.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On a more serious note, how about the 'Evil Dead' trio?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Never saw the first two, but Army of Darkness is campy horror at its absolute best.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Evil Dead 2' is my favorite of the three, but those are great, innovative movies.
    It should also be noted that I did a lot of drugs from middle school well into my 20s.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I also happened to catch a bit of 'The Naked Gun' and 'Army of Darkness' over the weekend, or else I might not have thought of either trilogy. Both are deserving of consideration but are easily missed as one tries to think of more 'serious' works.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think Evil Dead definitely fits as a trilogy. Not sure about the first and second, but if I remember correctly, Army of Darkness picks up pretty much exactly where Evil Dead II leaves off.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Day of the Dead was the actual end to the original trilogy ... I really liked it more than most of my friends who are into Romero flicks. I will say the Dawn of the Dead remake with Ving Rhames was actually pretty decent. It was missing this guy, though:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Didn't they make three Slap Shots?
    I'm surprised that's not getting any love around here.

Draft saved Draft deleted