1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Movie Trilogies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ocean's 11, 12 and 13 should be part of the discussion. Not the best mind you but at least part of the discussion.

The Hunger Games will some day be part of the list.

Funny thing is LOTR was supposed to be one book. The publisher broke it into 3 books and that was that.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I have to interject because Terminator Salvation (with Christian Bale) was way better than Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.

Lethal Weapon 4 was fine. Live Free or Die Hard was better than I thought it would be. I like Rocky IV a lot. Most 007 movies are good. Cheech and Chong and Monty Python never got old.

Scream 4 shockingly was outstanding, the second-best movie in the series. I cant remember the last time I was so rewarded by a movie I expected to be dreadful.

I haven't seen most of them, but the Star Trek movies have their fans.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Have you read the third Hunger games book? If they redo the ending to the series it has a chance, but, man, did that author fuck up a good thing.

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Kieslowski's Trois Coleurs

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Monty Python is an epic waste of time. Just simply not funny.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Monty Python isn't my favorite, but there's reason so many people love it.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You, sir, could not be more wrong on this.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Monty Python is silly. Not funny.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

+1

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I sense some nerd range about to explode all over this thread.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I liked the ending of the third Terminator movie the best out of all of them. Just so dire and awesome seeing them in that old abandoned government fallout shelter. The fourth movie sucked ass.

Romero's Night of the Living Dead trilogy ending with Dawn of the Dead was pretty good. The ones he added on much later were OK.

Mad Max has to be in the mix. Not too much of a weak link there even though the final film was a bit over the top.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have never heard anyone argue that. More often that not, Empire is cited as the best of the series.

Draft saved Draft deleted