1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Movie Theme Music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Sep 22, 2016.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Fantasia. :)

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I want The Wizard of Oz redone with a metal instramental sound track for no other reason than I want Call of the Ktulu playing during the tornado scene.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Godfather
    Goldfinger

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Deerhunter. haunting

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Some great ones already mentioned. I'd definitely add "The Forrest Gump Suite" by Alan Silvestri. Other movies with great theme songs (using the meaning of the main theme song from the film score) that I don't think have been mentioned:

Dr. No
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Dances With Wolves
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
    Jurassic Park
    2001: A Space Odyssey (sure, the theme song wasn't written for the movie, but it was perfect for it)
    Schindler's List
    The Lion King
    Mission: Impossible
    Pirates of the Caribbean

I could do a whole list just using the work of Silvestri, Danny Elfman, John Williams and John Barry.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Fair point

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="JRoyal, post: 4115406, member: 2435"I could do a whole list just using the work of Silvestri, Danny Elfman, John Williams and John Barry.[/QUOTE]
    I'd sub in Hans Zimmer (Lion King, Crimson Tide, Gladiator, The Last Samurai, etc.) for Barry, but that's a helluva list.

JRoyal likes this.
  8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I can't believe I forgot Zimmer! Barry's got all the Bond films he did, Out of Africa, Dances With Wolves and Chaplin to his credit. Hard to leave him or Zimmer out of it. Between Zimmer, Barry, Elfman, Silvestri and Williams, you've got some major movie music muscle.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The only move soundtrack I ever bought was "Repo Man," thus proving that I have absolutely no taste or culture.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ha! I have the cassette somewhere.

I haven't listened to a cassette in years, but I can't seem to throw them out. I mean, it's not like CDs or vinyl are going to spontaneously combust so that cassettes are in demand again.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

In specific, I'd say Live and Let Die.
    I would also nominate Smokey and the Bandit.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I really like the theme music in Arthur. (Dudley Moore version.)

Draft saved Draft deleted