1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie scenes of 2007?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Jun 13, 2008.

1. First of all, I know there's a rampage of movie threads right now, but I've had this on the mind for quite a while now and just now remembered to start a thread.

Secondly, I know this year's almost halfway over, but there were a lot of great scenes from last year, and I think we all have a little inspiration from the "Best movie ending" thread.

Here are mine for submission:

1. Once: Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova at the piano in the store.
    2. Across The Universe: "Let It Be"
    3. Atonement: The beach scene during the war
    4. Into The Wild: Emile Hirsch and Hal Holbrook in the car when Holbrook offers to be his grandfather
    5. Juno: Ellen Page and Jennifer Garner in the mall
    6. Sweeney Todd: The opening scene
    7. Knocked Up: The "morning after," including the diner

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I always enjoy watching that Knocked Up dinner scene when Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd start talking about Back to the Future.

3. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

"Before the Devil Knows You're Dead"

Opening scene. Seeing a bare-ass Marisa Tomei getting plowed by a bare-ass Philip Seymour Hoffman.

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Something tells me Walter has seen a donkey show in Tijuana.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'd vote for any of the scenes where Marisa is naked but without the naked PSH. She looked phenomenal.

6. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I would not be willing to make that bet.

7. Ummm.... Milkshake anybody?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some fantastic examples, and No. 1 really was an unforgettable movie moment. And Across the Universe is just a great movie. I've become a big fan of Evan Rachel Wood.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Robert and Charley Ford running from the James house after the deed is done.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

The last scene of No Country for Old Men. Both because it was a great monologue and for all the debate it has inspired.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Many from 3:10 to Yuma.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My favorite scene in the movie. Probably because my wife and I have another couple we go out with sometimes and whenever he and I start talking about a movie like Back to the Future we get the same kind of reaction from the ladies.

Draft saved Draft deleted